Medicaid Coverage for the National DPP Demonstration Project
For more information about the Medicaid Coverage for the National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) Demonstration Project please explore the following resources:
- The executive summary of the evaluation report was released on 1/10/19
- The evaluation of the Medicaid Demonstration Project culminated in the development of two best practices documents presenting overviews of results related to recruitment and retention of participants.
- NACDD hosted a webinar on 1/17/19 about the Demonstration project
- The Medicaid Demonstration Project page on the NACDD website has links to press releases, the original request for funding announcement, and more.
- Maryland created a technical guidance document for their MCOs to successfully implement the National DPP lifestyle change program as part of the Demonstration (please note: this guide was created for the purposes of the Demonstration only).
- Effective September 1, 2019 the National DPP lifestyle change program is available through the HealthChoice Diabetes Prevention Program for Medicaid managed care members in Maryland. To learn more about their benefit please visit the HealthChoice Diabetes Prevention Program Site.
- Oregon created guides for their CCOs to successfully implement the National DPP lifestyle change program during the Demonstration.
- Effective January 1, 2019 the National DPP lifestyle change program is a Medicaid covered benefit in Oregon. To learn more about their benefit please visit the Oregon Medicaid National DPP benefit site.
If your state is interested in determining how to achieve Medicaid coverage for the National DPP lifestyle change program, please visit the Case for Coverage page on this Toolkit.
Content last updated: January 3, 2020